Le Weird Life of Le Lupin (UTF-8) ______Trapped In Here...------






About Moi
The Real Lupin,Weird
A Jap and Jackie Lookalike

Mind, Body & Soul

Mind, Body & Soul entry

Mind
*Compiling a list link*
Body
Men's Health
Salsa
Bowling (Monthly)

Soul
Listening to Lush 99.5 FM
& Fly FM
Current MP3 Playlist
P.D.A (We Just Don't Care) - John Legend
Ruby - Kaiser Chef
Toc Toc Toc - Hyori Li

Womanology
星座(Horoscope)
What Woman Really Want
两个等待念爱的女人
Dedication of Monster Killing
Dreamer's Love
White Pants
Grow Old With You
师奶杀手
How Long's ur marriage

Weird Weird Thinking
Death of one man
Take Life Easy,Weird Thoughts, WT2
Form vs. Substance,英雄,君子, 蛤蟆
ç« é±¼çƒ§çš„æ•…äº‹,好兄弟吃月饼
Pragmatism without Vision and Faith
"The Thinker" ,小强(蟑螂)的由来.
The Prince & The Pauper,Weird Day
Hitchhiker's guide to the MDA
Last Act is Bloody, however fine rest of the play,Rev. Hulk
Black Up Commercial

Links

Friends & Family Blogs:
My Younger Sister: Sharon Tan
Konan Kenji the Movie Kritic. Up and Running, King Kong Review
Patrick The "Rally King"
Cool Dude Ben-ji
Ben, Audz and the very cute baby Abby
Gwenny!!!
Mine Xiao Mei
Azalia

Celebrity Blog: (note: Me still trying to earn this freaky spot!!)

The Hottest Female Blogger as proclaimed

Mr Brown
Mr Miyagi

Babes Blog: (note: Though I didn't put your's here doesn't mean you are not a babe.)
Spinnee
Sandralicious
Sexy Black High Heels
Sassy Jan
Silly Celly
Janice
Self Proclaimed Jerk Magnet
Lil' Princess

Blokes that worth mentioning
LEWDDonaq, L.E.W.D Mastermind
This Bugger write Everything in Hokkien
失。心。疯。子。(UTF-8), Damn freaking good Chinese read
The Lamentation King, He can say KNNCCB faster than you saying KFC
Nice Comic blog

Other Misc. Blogs

RSS Feed

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Singapore Dancing Trend.

There is a dancing trend in Singapore.

MVD (Music Video Dance)/Hip Hop, Salsa, Line Dance.
Youth, Working Professional, Retirees.

Let me explain.

I reached CCK on Friday evening around 7pm plus. Was on my way to Lot 1 to get some food for dinner, I bought 吉林小吃’s 炸鸡. Before I reach Lot 1, just outside the main entrance, the area was being square off, for a group of people. They are line-dancers.

Well, I not very amazed or anything cause I seen it before while I was in my previous job over at Toa Payoh HDB Hub.

The thing is, this time round it got me thinking (I is thinker). You see, for the passed month, I had been in this dancing scene, because I had started learning Salsa. I had been to Salsa club and stuff. So it got me thinking. What’s the dancing trend like in Singapore? Hence this entry.

Youth: MVD (Music Video Dance)/Hip Hop

I noticed this trend when I went to Marina Mall a few months back. There was a Dance clinic for this MVD thingy. Some local dancer teaching kiddos how to move to the beats of songs of Jolin Tsai-likes MV.

Then I saw the clothes these kiddos wear, their dance moves and say to myself. “I’m too old for this, and I’m old”. Muahaha. The MVD is mainly being popular for kiddos from primary to secondary schoolers. Mainly Chinese and mainly girls.

Then there is this Hip Hop trending that was around for quite a few years now. You see them breaking and popping and whatever in the transit between CityLink mall and Esplanade. It is the same age group as mentioned above, but mainly Malays and guys.

Working Professional: Salsa

As mentioned above, I part of this trend now, still no idea why I have the sudden interested of learning, but I had learnt anyway. I think this trend had also been around for at least 3 years, needs to check with my teacher. I can see it going big something soon, with more people picking it up.

Age group for this trending is from Pre-U schoolers, Poly and Undergrads, young working to mid management professionals. Female to male ratio of about 6 to 4. They hang out mainly @ Union Square over @ Tanjong Pagar.

Retiree: Line-Dance
This trending had also been around for about a few years now, but lately it progressed to a national level. It’s kinda cool to see these people in full cowboy gear (some lah), dancing in unison and stuff. So far, I seen they do it publicly @ Toa Payoh and CCK. Don’t know where still got? Anyone knows?






Age group for this trending is pre-retirees and retirees. Mainly Chinese, but fairly balanced between the gender ratio.

So there you have it, our local dancing trends. Are you part of it?

Being Weird On|8:15 AM| Singapore Dancing Trend.
0 Comment De Le Vous?

+ + + + +
Comments: Post a Comment

cobe